SELF-CONTROL.... WILL POWER...... Yeah I had none of this!! But I'm back, not only to blogging but to being a friend, a sister, a daughter, a responsible adult but most important, a wife and a mother again. A week ago I made the mistake of picking up Twilight (the book Travis had given me for Christmas) and started reading it, thinking to my self that I should show some appreciation for my gift. Like I said before BIG MISTAKE(even though I loved every minute of it)...I started reading and reading and kept reading and reading and reading. In fact I went a head and not only read Twilight but the whole entire Twilight Saga, all 2,444 pages in one week. As you can see it was a major addiction for me. So your probably asking yourselves right about now, what were your kids doing while I read for a straight week?......Well let me tell you, they watched TV, played with toys, watched TV, played the wii, watched TV and watch some more TV. ( yes I know, you don't have to tell me what a horrible mother I am. But I just could not put these books down.)
are you a Edward or Jacob fan?
- which was your favorite book?
- were any of you just as a addicted as I was?
I want to thank my wonderful husband and kids for letting me take a week off to get lost into such a great book. I think everyone needs this from time to time!











8 comments:
I have yet to read the fourth book because I know that the same thing will happen to me. I read the other books the same way. I would just disappear. So, now I am trying to find a time that will work for me and my family when I can "disappear" again. That was really nice of Trav to let you read the whole series. Every time I pick up a new book, Brad looks at me with a look that says, "here we go again".
How funny! I read the entire series in a week as well. My kids were hungry, my house was dirty and my husband started looking at divorce lawyers.
I loved both Jacob and Edward but I have to say Edward is the sexiest dang vampire EVER!
I don't want to get you into trouble but the partial draft of Midnight Sun (The Twilight Book from Edwards point of view) in on stepheniemeyer.com and also very good.
I have only read the first book and part of the second book when a friend of mine asked if she could have the books back. My mother has all four books and I plan on asking her to lend them to me while I am on maternity leave. I am hoping I can accomplish the series in order to jump on board with the rest of the twilight fans. Have you seen the movie?
I have read the Midnight Sun partial draft. I agree with you Amy, it is very very good. I can only hope that she will finish it one day.
As for the movie, well I'm making Travis take me tomorrow for our anniversary. I am so excited to see it. I hope you are able to read the series while on maternity leave Tammie, they are worth it and I would love to discuss them with you!
I am so glad you got to read this series FINALLY lisa!! I think you'll enjoy the movie as well... just keep an open mind (that's all I have to say; I enjoyed it...) It's funny because when i started the series I was on vacation in Cali last April (thus my kids got to spend loads of fun time with nana and papa...) however, I didn't know they were coming out with a 4th and final book thus had to wait until that August to get and read the book!! ARGH!! It took me a few days but I was like you... kids & poor hubby were non-existant until it was put down and finished!! LOVED IT!! I would have to say that Edward was my fav. out of the two, the second one totally and completely drained my eye ducts, and YES YES YES, I was completley addicted...
BTW, I've heard she's not completing Edwards version because of some idiot who posted more of the book than she would have liked.. thus she was very offended that fans were being so vicious and coniving about getting her work out in public without her being ready for it.. sad huh?
Creepy, Lisa. you're starting to turn into me. one day, I swear, my nose will get STUCK in a book.
I am glad to hear I wasn't the only bad mother who read the whole series!! I was sad and relieved when I came to the end of it. I am both a Jacob and Edward fan. Edward is so dang cute though! The 2nd book was my favorite. At one point Tim even took my book and hid it until I gave him some attention, which of course I had to oblige. He even reminded me that when the book was over Edward would be gone and I had to hope that my own husband would still be around.
Post a Comment