
This weekend we went camping with Trav's parents Dennis & Brenda at Blacksmith Fork canyon. A much needed little get away. We started out the day by 4
wheelin up to
ephraim's grave and having lunch. This native stone is symbolic of a
giant grizzly bear called Old Ephraim who ranged the area for many years killing sheep, cattle and game. He was trapped, shot & buried in 1923 by Frank Clark of
Malad Idaho. Standing upright he equaled the height of this monument (9 Feet. 11 In.) and weighed about 1100 lbs. This was fun sight to go see.

Cameron played around the area climbing trees and doing boy things, while Abbie had a picnic with daddy & grandpa.


After we got back, it was so hot out, we played around in this little stream to cool off.

And of course you can't go camping with out having a campfire and roasting
marshmallows.



DAY TWO

We 4 wheeled all the way to the top of this mountain. It was about a four hour trip with amazing views along the way.

Here we are loading up & getting ready to go. The kids loved 4 wheeling as much as we did. Cameron always wanted to sit in front and help drive. No hill was to steep for him. While Abigail was put to sleep on every ride. Something about the motion that her little body couldn't resist.


Yeah! we made it to the top. There were some
incredible views from up here. I listed a few for you to see.


Thanks again Dennis and Brenda for taking us on this camping trip. We all had a blast. These memories will last a lifetime.
2 comments:
Lisa, It's Kari Jones. LOng time no see! Your kids have grown so much since I saw you last. Let's get together. My kids love nothing more then going four wheeling on grandpas four wheelers. You guys looked like you had a blast.
Lisa, I miss you all so much!! I can't wait to see you in 2 more months! Did you see I officially have a blog now too! I didn't check with yours first so I wasn't copying anything, but your blog is so cute I just might!! :)
Post a Comment